Returns & Exchange Policy
Each of our items is carefully handmade by artisans and skilled craftsmen; therefore, variations in finish, grain, casting, symmetry and detailing are anticipated and expected. Being handmade using natural products, no two pieces will be exactly alike.
We make all efforts to ensure that our customers are satisfied with their purchase. However, should you be unhappy with the purchase due to reasons such as the product not fitting into the aesthetics of your home or any manufacturing defect (in case so identified at the time of delivery), returns can be accepted provided the following terms and conditions are satisfied:
- You must notify us by email to email@example.com at the time of delivery or maximum within 24 hours of receiving the piece that you wish to return it.
- The product must be returned to The Attic Warehouse in Al Quoz within 7 days from the date of delivery/collection.
- The cost of return must be borne by the customer.
- The product must be received back in the same condition that it was received by the customer, along with the original receipt. We cannot accept pieces back that have been damaged in transit or by misuse, or show signs of wear.
- Custom-made items cannot be returned.
- The Attic will not accept any responsibility for any claims of damages once items have been delivered/collected and signed by the customer.
- The following features, which are to be considered natural and not as a lack of quality of the goods or a “manufacturing defect”, will not be accepted as reasons for return:
- Normal "Wear & Tear" after usage / delivery
- Slight alterations in colour, texture and structure among different parts of natural materials used throughout for the same product
- Slight alternations in the grain and structure of the wood or presence of natural spots
- Appearance alterations in natural products
- Alternations in colour of products or their parts under exposure to direct sunlight
- Any other "Characteristics" or unevenness in finishing of products due to the nature of raw materials used
To return your product, you should send it to our warehouse in Al Quoz. We can arrange for the transport; however, you will be responsible for paying the shipping charges for returning your item. Products returned at the time of delivery will be charged AED 75 in Dubai and AED 150 for other Emirates. Products returned at a later date will be charged AED 150 in Dubai and AED 250 for other Emirates.
In case of "Restricted Areas" where special shipping rates were provided at the time of initial shipping, shipping charges will be deducted and a further AED 1000 will be charged if the products are returned at a later date.
Store Credit / Refund
Once your return is received and inspected, we will notify you of the approval or rejection of your return. If approved, you will be issued Store Credit equivalent to the original order value, less cost of initial shipping (applicable where item was delivered by us, @ AED 75 in Dubai, AED 150 for other Emirates and special rates provided for "Restricted Areas"), and return shipping (if applicable, as per the rates given in the previous section).
The Store Credit can be redeemed for purchase of goods from The Attic. Please contact us when you would like to utilize the credit to make a purchase, as it will have to be processed offline, and cannot be done through the website.
If, instead of Store Credit, you would like the amount to be refunded to the original mode of payment, a transaction charge of 4.5% on the original amount will be additionally deducted prior to refund. Please allow for up to 45 days for the refund transfer to be completed.
In case you are returning only a part of your order, but which causes the remaining order value to fall below the threshold for free shipping, the same will be adjusted while processing the refund as well.
Instead of an outright return, you may exchange your product for another product from our store. Terms and Conditions remain the same as specified above for "Returns". Initial shipping charges (AED 75 in Dubai, AED 150 for other Emirates and special rates provided for "Restricted Areas") and, if applicable, shipping charges for delivery of the exchanged product will be deducted while arriving at the balance available to you. If the price of the new product is less than that of your original purchase, the differential will be available to you as Store Credit. Please mention that you would like to exercise this option while emailing us.
We honor cancellations made 24 hours prior to delivery. However, any cancellation made on the date of delivery shall be subject to a fee of 20% from total bill amount. The refund can be processed as a Store Credit, or to the original mode of payment after deducting transaction charges of 4.5% of the total bill amount. Please allow for up to 45 days for the refund transfer to be completed.